Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
When we study well during the semester, some tutors let us not to pass our exams, we get an exellent mark for an excellent work during the semester.
In Russian we call it "avtomat".

I found the word "home free" in a Russian dictionary. Do you use it in such situations?

I wonder what word you use when you get your exam mark for your hard work during the semester. You needn't pass your exam in this case.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
When we study well during the semester, some tutors let us not to pass our exams, we get an exellent mark for an excellent work during the semester.
In Russian we call it "avtomat".

I found the word "home free" in a Russian dictionary. Do you use it in such situations?

I wonder what word you use when you get your exam mark for your hard work during the semester. You needn't pass your exam in this case.
You could use "home free" if others understood the situation.
I've already passed on the basis of my assignments. I'm home free.

Unfortunately, where I come from, even if you get 70/70 for the assignments, you still need to pass the 30% exam.
So, technically, you either get an A+, or High Distinction (85%) by just passing the exam, or you fail the subject. Of course the latter rarely occurs.

usignolo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thanks a lot!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.