what's kind of question is good question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
:cool:hey

what's kind of question is good question?:cry:
these days,I am always thinking how to get good question when you join the conversation class.Sometime I am going to conversation class the foreign teacher will be give your chance to ask him some questions.

However,I got chance to ask them,but I still think my questions is so boring when I asked him.And sometime I am very quiet,I mean:I have no question to ask them.I have no idea to ask.:oops:Let's me sad.

Do you know what's kind of question is good question??Would you give me suggestion?

Thanks a lots.

oregeezer

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Thailand
What do YOU want to learn? Ask questions about that subject. The important thing is to be able to say it and understand the answer.

beaverbeaver

Member Type
English Teacher
i guess there aren't any stupid questions. it depends on who you're asking, if you ask the right question to the right person, it won't be stupid

i mean you never know until you ask, just make sure it's in the topic

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
What do YOU want to learn? Ask questions about that subject. The important thing is to be able to say it and understand the answer.

Nothing..I mean:no topic,no subject.You just want to ask what you want.But I have no idea to ask,I think I have no good questions to ask.I joined the conversation class--I just sat down and listerned another classmates to asked the teacher questions.Sometimes the teacher told us:"this is good questions"the teacher said.

So,I just want to know some good questions and to get some topic...that's all.
Thanks so much;-)

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
i guess there aren't any stupid questions. it depends on who you're asking, if you ask the right question to the right person, it won't be stupid

i mean you never know until you ask, just make sure it's in the topic

Thanks for your help.But the teacher didn't give topic to you.You just ask some questions.if you get good questions we can get topic to talk.if you have no good question,you just get answer..that's all.

riverkid

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
:cool:hey

what's kind of question is good question?:cry:
these days,I am always thinking how to get good question when you join the conversation class.Sometime I am going to conversation class the foreign teacher will be give your chance to ask him some questions.

However,I got chance to ask them,but I still think my questions is so boring when I asked him.And sometime I am very quiet,I mean:I have no question to ask them.I have no idea to ask.:oops:Let's me sad.

Do you know what's kind of question is good question??Would you give me suggestion?

Thanks a lots.

I hope that the teacher is doing more in the class than sitting there taking questions from students.

It really isn't important what the questions are, PW as long as you're getting a chance to actively participate in two way conversation.

I don't know the level of the class, but there really are a zillion and one questions that you could ask.

Try some here.

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
I hope that the teacher is doing more in the class than sitting there taking questions from students.

It really isn't important what the questions are, PW as long as you're getting a chance to actively participate in two way conversation.

I don't know the level of the class, but there really are a zillion and one questions that you could ask.

Try some here.

Okay,I try my best...thanks

Soup

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Hi all

Pheonix, this is a GOOD question to ask your teacher, "what's kind of question is a good question?" Ask it. :-D:up:

Let us know what s/he said.

duyi

Member Type
English Teacher
In my opinion, I think you've got a good topic for your conversation class. Try it. It would be very interesting.
Good Luck!

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
I think that what the teacher probably means by the "good" question is one that is not easily answered, and that it will lead to discussion.

So you need to find questions that cannot be answered in one word, but need to be reasoned out. "What is a good question" is a good question!

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi all

Pheonix, this is a GOOD question to ask your teacher, "what's kind of question is a good question?" Ask it. :-D:up:

Let us know what s/he said.
:lol:;-)
Dear Soup,

You are very funny/lovely... I agree.You have a good suggestion.I will try to ask them if I have chance to join converstion class.

Right now,I have another question,I wanna to ask you:

I am so lazy to learn english.Because I don't like to remember english words.I hate it.But I know I have no choice,I have to do it.What should I do if I don't remember english words??And,how to impove my poor english??Do you think I have another way I can choice.

Thanks a lots!!1:up:

Anglika

No Longer With Us
Member Type
Other
Dear Soup,

You are very funny/lovely... I agree.You have a good suggestion.I will try to ask them if I have chance to join converstion class.

I am so lazy to learn english.Because I don't like to remember english words.I hate it.But I know I have no choice,I have to do it.What should I do if I don't remember english words??And,how to impove my poor english??Do you think I have another way I can choice.

Again you have answered your own question. if you want to be good at anything, then you have to work at it. If you are lazy, you will never become good at anything :cool:

Read as much as possible in English, listen to programmes and watch films in English, write a diary in English, and talk to your friends in English.

When you are reading, if you find a word you do not know, look it up n a dictionary, write the meaning in a notebook, and then use the word yourself. Use it or lose it is a good piece of advice.

Phoenix Wu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Again you have answered your own question. if you want to be good at anything, then you have to work at it. If you are lazy, you will never become good at anything :cool:

Read as much as possible in English, listen to programmes and watch films in English, write a diary in English, and talk to your friends in English.

When you are reading, if you find a word you do not know, look it up n a dictionary, write the meaning in a notebook, and then use the word yourself. Use it or lose it is a good piece of advice.

Thanks Dear...

Thanks for you care.You have a good memery.You are right.Actually,I always asking that question by myself.That's why I feel terrible.
Anyways,thanks for your suggest.Now,I am writing down after I will be using your good suggestions to do it.

hinomura

Member Type
English Teacher
Dear Soup,

Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.