Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Dear Teachers,
I met a sentence today which describes a book. It says as follows:
After all the struggles with beautiful women, the right color, the CIA, foreign intelligence agencies and many other forces, they finally had a thorough and clear investigation.
so, What is the right color here? of course it doesn't refer to a kind of color like red, yellow, black, etc. then , what does it mean?
I am looking forward to your help. Thanks a million!
Yours
Japanjapan

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear Teachers,
I met came across a sentence today which describes a book. It says as follows:
After all the struggles with beautiful women, the right color, the CIA, foreign intelligence agencies and many other forces (what forces?), they (who is they?) finally had a thorough and clear investigation.
so, What is the right color here? of course it doesn't refer to a kind of color like red, yellow, black, etc. then , what does it mean?
I am looking forward to your help. Thanks a million!
Yours
Japanjapan

The sentence does not make sense.

not a teacher

Heterological

Member Type
English Teacher
"The right color" is not a well-known idiom or anything we could recognize out of context. Can you tell us a little more about the book?

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We need more context to determine the exact meaning of the sentence, but in the context provided, I'd guess that they are referring to the "coloring" of a group of people. Perhaps they were looking for blue-eyed blonde women, or olive-skinned dark-haired men - some specific "look" for a photo shoot or TV commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.