Which one is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirichai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

I'd like to seek some advice about these 2 phrases.
- I can't do goods receiving process the material into the system
- I can't do goods receive processing the material into the system.

Which one is correct?
Thanks.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,

I'd like to seek some advice about these 2 phrases.
- I can't do goods receiving process the material into the system
- I can't do goods receive processing the material into the system.

Which one is correct?
Thanks.
Neither.
Can you express your meaning in another way? What is it that you can't do?
My best guess is that you are having trouble processing the material from the receipt of goods and putting that material into the system['s computer]. Is that close?

Sirichai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Neither.
Can you express your meaning in another way? What is it that you can't do?
My best guess is that you are having trouble processing the material from the receipt of goods and putting that material into the system['s computer]. Is that close?

The physical goods was received into the storage and I have to receive the number into the computer but something error in our system and I'm asking someone to solve it.

Thanks.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
The physical goods were received into the storage and I have to [STRIKE]receive [/STRIKE] enter the numbers into the computer, but there is some[STRIKE]thing[/STRIKE] error in our system and I'm asking someone to solve it.

Thanks.
There's quite a few ways of saying this. One quite acceptable way is to describe it in plain words as you have done in this post.
"Memo: There appears to be an error in our system which is preventing me from processing the goods received information. Could someone fix this error, please?"

If you want to make it more concise, and perhaps to make it sound more business-like:
- the physical goods received into storage = "goods received"
- the processing of such goods = "the goods received processing"

"I'm having trouble entering the information about goods received into the computer."
"I'm having trouble processing the goods received, since I cannot enter the information into the computer."
"I'm having trouble with the good received processing ..."

In any case, you should express it using terminology that whoever receives your message will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.