Firstly, I would like to make a slight amendment; I do not want to work 'for' PaGaLGuY, rather I want to work 'with' PaGaLGuY. The reasons for my eagerness to work at PG are ensuing --
1. Elastic Culture : The foremost thing which excites me towards a job at PG is the elasticity and the leeway given to a person here. While working at PaGaLGuY, I would like to have a fair exposure of the functioning of all the departments, viz. Editorial, Technical and Marketing-Advertising department. I would like to gain a thorough understanding of almost everything that goes into making a business successful. Such all-round learning, exposure and grooming is very much needed for the future endeavors of mine and if I can get it without turning to entrepreneurship myself, I would no doubt let it go.
2. Excitement of working with an online portal : I truly believe in the power of internet as the greatest flattener. It has had a revolutionary role in the growth of India in the recent years and as the internet penetration and awareness increases, I believe it has much greater roles to play. By working within the online media, I not only want to contribute to the ongoing process of growth and development but also to find out more innovative and useful ways to make the world a bit better place to be.
3. Belief in PaGaLGuY community's Philosophy : The basic idea behind PaGaLGuY is to act as a platform to facilitate communication and free-flow of knowledge between people. I have a firm belief in the power of communion, as it's said "Sanghe Shakti Kaliyuge". By dissemination of knowledge and facilitating communication between people, PaGaLGuY is empowering the masses and I too want to do my bit in it.
4. The Profile, Access and Learning : I am of the breed who have grown up with hair-brush in their hand [acting as a micro-phone], interviewing almost everyone around. Journalism has always been an alternate career option for me which I somehow could not pursue. By working as a correspondent at PaGaLGuY, I not only can hone my journalistic skills but the access to highly talented people [MBA aspirants, students, B-school deans, entrepreneurs et al., from all over the world] and the associated learning shall be enriching and fulfilling for me.
5. MBA aspirations : As I am a management aspirant myself, I believe I shall be able to do justice to my work as a correspondent/content writer [ being a representative of the PG junta]. And at the same time, I shall be able to pursuit my own aspirations with greater sincerity and dedication.
6. Seeking a chance to fructify the Vision : Through my long affiliation with PG as a member, I have nurtured a vision for its future and by working at PG I shall be able to fructify the vision and further enhance my bonding with PG.
I believe an evolving organization like PG will provide me with the launch-pad that I need. In a nutshell, I do not want to work at PG merely as an employee but as a stakeholder in the pursuit of begetting progress.