Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the sentences below sound natural. Thanks a lot.

Moreover, I loved to play online games in my free time. After finishing the homework, I always played online games with my friends. Sometimes I even played without a break and forgot food and sleep until midnight when my mom turned off the Wi-Fi router.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me make the sentences below sound natural. Thanks a lot.

Moreover, I loved to play online games in my free time. After finishing [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my homework, I always played online games with my friends. Sometimes I even played without a break and forgot [STRIKE]food[/STRIKE] to eat and sleep until midnight when my mom turned off the Wi-Fi router.

See above. Since we don't know what time you finished your homework, there is no way for us to tell if the time between finishing your homework and your mum turning off the router is a long time. It might only be half an hour, and it wouldn't be noteworthy to play for that long without a break. Try and give us some sense of the amount of time involved.

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
The amount of time usually involved about more than three hours.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The amount of time [STRIKE]usually[/STRIKE] involved is usually [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] more than three hours.

See above. "about" doesn't collocate well with "more than".

Now see if you can rewrite your original giving the same idea about the length of time involved.