Term: Fused Participle


Gerunds are supposed to come after possesssives, but it is common to use object pronouns, and when these are used some grammarians call them fused participles.


I don't mind their coming. (Gerund)

I don't mind them coming. (Fused participle)

'Fused Participle' - Related Links

Grammar Topic:  Gerunds and Infinitives

Browse the following links to other content related to the term 'Fused Participle' from the 'Gerunds and Infinitives' grammar category: