What does 'A long row to hoe' mean?
- How long is a piece of string
- Long in the tooth
- In the long run
- Long time no see
- By a long chalk
- Kick something into the long grass
- Draw a long bow
- Long time no hear
- Long shot
- Long face
- Cast a long shadow
- The long and short
- Honest as the day is long
- Cut a long story short
- It's as broad as it is long
- Nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.