What does 'Grass roots' mean?
This idioms is often used in politics, where it refers to the ordinary people or voters. It can be used to mean people at the bottom of a hierarchy.
- Category: Plants & Flowers
Idioms similar to 'Grass roots'
- The grass is always greener
- Kick something into the long grass
- Watch grass grow
- Let the grass grow round your feet
- The grass is greener on the other side of the fence
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!