Idiom: Not born yesterday
Meaning: When someone says that they weren't born yesterday, they mean that they are not naive or easily fooled.Country: International English | Subject Area: Time | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Yesterday's man or Yesterday's woman
- Born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- Born to the purple
- Not know you are born
- Born on the wrong side of the blanket
- Born on the wrong side of the tracks
- Yesterday's news
- Were you born in a field?
- Were you born in a barn?
- I may have been born at night, but not last night
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Not born yesterday
- Idiom Definition
- Idiom Quizzes