Idiom: Winner takes all
Meaning: If everything goes to the winner, as in an election, the winner takes all.Country: International English | Subject Area: General | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- It takes a village to raise a child
- You pays your money and you takes your chances
- You pays your money and you takes your choice
- It takes all kinds to make a world
- It takes two to tango
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Winner takes all
- Idiom Quizzes