Results for: Continue
- Length: 8 characters
- Syllables: 3
Results for word :
- Continually means 'repeatedly'
- Continuously means 'without stopping'
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is similar in both languages
- A verb describes an action or a state
- Examiners go for CONTINUALLY and CONTINUOUSLY because the meanings are so similar
Related Grammar Terminology:
Continuous Verbs; Future Progressive (Future Continuous); Future Perfect Progressive (Future Perfect Continuous); Past Progressive (Past Continuous); Past Perfect Progressive (Past Perfect Continuous); Present Progressive (Present Continuous); Present Perfect Progressive (Present Perfect Continuous)
Definitions of Continue:Dictionary.com | Cambridge Dictionaries | Merriam-Webster | Onelook.com
America | Australia | Britain | Canada | Ireland | New Zealand | Images