Results for: Continuing
- Length: 10 characters
- Syllables: 3
Results for word :
- Continually means 'repeatedly'
- Continuously means 'without stopping'
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- A verb describes an action or a state
- Examiners go for CONTINUALLY and CONTINUOUSLY because the meanings are so similar
Related Grammar Terminology:
Continuous Verbs; Future Progressive (Future Continuous); Future Perfect Progressive (Future Perfect Continuous); Past Progressive (Past Continuous); Past Perfect Progressive (Past Perfect Continuous); Present Progressive (Present Continuous); Present Perfect Progressive (Present Perfect Continuous)
Definitions of Continuing: Dictionary.com | Cambridge Dictionaries | Merriam-Webster | Onelook.com
America | Australia | Britain | Canada | Ireland | New Zealand | Images