Results for: Fact
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: Fact
- ACTUALLY means 'in fact' or 'really'
- ACTUALLY does NOT mean 'now'
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This word is one of the common entries in Academic Word Lists
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Countable Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- French and other speakers beware- examiners love this- it's a false friend
Definitions of Fact:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'fact' as word stem):
'fact' + Suffix
facta, factful, facti, factice, faction, factional, factionalism, factionalisms, factionalist, factionalists, factions, factious, factiously, factiousness, factitious, factitiously, factitiousness, factitive, factitively, factive, facto, factoid, factoids, factor, factorability, factorable, factorage, factored, factorial, factorially, factorials, factories, factoring, factorization, factorizations, factors, factorship, factory, factotum, factotums, facts, factual, factualism, factualist, factualistic, factualists, factuality, factually, factualness, factum, factums, facture, factures, factus,