Results for: Great
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: Great
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Definitions of Great:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'great' as word stem):
'great' + Suffix
greatcoat, greatcoated, greatcoats, greaten, greatened, greatening, greatens, greater, greatest, greatheart, greathearted, greatheartedly, greatheartedness, greatly, greatness, greatnesses, greats,