Results for: Long
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word :
- We make the verb by adding -EN to the noun, not the adjective.
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is a common first name
- Name of an American county [from the US Census]
- Term used in the stock market
- Term used in accountancy
- Term used in cricket
- Term used in Tennis
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
- Adjective- Long, Noun- Length, Verb- Lengthen
Definitions of Long:Dictionary.com | Cambridge Dictionaries | Merriam-Webster | Onelook.com
America | Australia | Britain | Canada | Ireland | New Zealand | Images