Results for: Of
- Length: 2 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word :
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- You can use A LOT OF or LOTS OF with a singular noun
- You can use A LOT OF or LOTS OF with plural noun
- Usually followed by a gerund rather than an infinitive
- Prepositions connect words together
- If a preposition isn't connecting words but modifying one word, as in many phrasal verbs, it can be called a Particle (or an Adverb)
- IN CASE OF, like 'because of', is used with a noun or gerund, but not a verb phrase
- OF is probably the most meaningless word in the English Language; try defining it.
- OF is the purest word in English. It's almost pure grammar. It glues the whole language together.
Definitions of Of:
New Zealand |