Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Australia
Hello everyone, i have some questions i would appreciate if you can help me.
I want start working as cashier in grocery store in Australia but my English is not good enough to communicate with costumers.
I am just looking for some general expression which can help me to do my job better.
1-what is the best way to ask English speaker customers if they like to fill the plastic bag full or not?
2-what is the best way to say to costumer if i fill the bag full, it will break.
3-How can we say that there is a hole in the plastic bag? oh! my plastic bag is ....
4-How would the native costumers say that: please fill the bag as much as possible.
sorry for these silly questions.

I am not sure about the obsession here with filling a bag right up. Shall I bag that? would probably be enough, though Australian speakers may be able to make more natural suggestions, but I expect someone doing the bagging to know how much a bag can take. If you put the bag into a second bag to make it stronger, we say double the bag.

Hello everyone, I have some questions and I would appreciate it if you can help me.
I want to start working as a cashier in a grocery store in Australia but my English is not good enough to communicate with [strike]costumers[/strike] customers.
I am just looking for some general expressions which can help me to do my job better.

1 - What is the best way to ask English-speaking customers if they [strike]like[/strike] want me to fill the plastic bag full or not?
2 - What is the best way to [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]costumer[/STRIKE] customer that if I fill the bag full, it will break.
3 - How can we say that there is a hole in the plastic bag? "Oh! My plastic bag is ..."
4 - How would the native [STRIKE]costumers[/STRIKE] customers say [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] "Please fill the bag as much as possible"?

[STRIKE]Sorry for these silly questions.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary.

Firstly, please look at the amendments I have made to your post. Remember these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.

Also look at your use of articles and note the correct spelling of "customers".

As far as your questions go:

1. Do you want me to fill the bag right up?
2. If I put too much in the bag, it might break/split.
3. You shouldn't point out to the customer that there is a hole. If you are packing the goods, just throw the bag away and get a new one.
4. Please put as much as you can in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back