go to/arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

battery

Member Type
Student or Learner
If i am with my friends in the train and i want to tell them that train is goona go to platform number5 what should i say--
The will go to platform number 5 or the train will arrive on/at platform number 5

I would say "at Platform 5". Ther could be a serious problem if the train arrived "on Platform 5"

If i am with my friends in the train and i want to tell them that train is goona go to platform number5 what should i say--
The will go to platform number 5 or the train will arrive on/at platform number 5

The train will arrive at Platform 5.

Trains usually "arrive at" and "depart from" a specific platform.

The train will arrive at Platform 5.

Trains usually "arrive at" and "depart from" a specific platform.
Ok so in genral if i have to say what shall i say ,The train arrives at platform number 5 is this correct and The train usually goes to platform number 5 is this correct or we should use arrive only

Last edited:
Ok so in genral if i have to say what shall i say ,The train arrives at platform number 5 is this correct and The train usually goes to platform number 5 is this correct or we should use arrive only

Yes. "Arrives at Platform 5". I don't think "goes to" is appropriate because "goes to" ,for me, implies freedom of movement and trains don't have that type of flexibility because they are restricted/confined to the rail route.

Yes 'arrives' is the right word - it ties in with the Arrivals Board that your friends will see. - or, more likely today, it will be an Arrivals List on a VDU display.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back