Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I found this sentence on the internet "Deep in the middle of the brain are sections that control emotions"
It seems that "Deep in the middle of the brain" works as a noun, but what part of speech is the word "deep" in that phrase ? I can't configure out that that phrase is something can be a subject in a sentence. Or the subject here is "the middle of the brain" and "Deep in" works as an adverb ?
Please help me!
Thank you very much !

I found this sentence on the internet "Deep in the middle of the brain are sections that control emotions"
It seems that "Deep in the middle of the brain" works as a noun, but what part of speech is the word "deep" in that phrase ? I can't configure out that that phrase is something can be a subject in a sentence. Or the subject here is "the middle of the brain" and "Deep in" works as an adverb ?
Please help me!
Thank you very much !
"Sections that control emotions (subject) are (verb) deep in the middle of the brain."
Where are the sections that control emotions?
Does that help?

Similar:
Far away on a lonely hilltop sits a house.
High above the clouds in the sky shone a rainbow.

"Sections that control emotions (subject) are (verb) deep in the middle of the brain."
Where are the sections that control emotions?
Does that help?

Similar:
Far away on a lonely hilltop sits a house.
High above the clouds in the sky shone a rainbow.

Thank you so much. Do you mean my sentence is inverted from the normal sentence ? What is the effect of this way of writing ?
Thank you !

Thank you so much. Do you mean my sentence is inverted from the normal sentence ? What is the effect of this way of writing ?
Thank you !
It's inverted from my sentences, but not from normal. The meanings are similar (at least the relations don't change) - If the sections that control emotions are deep in the brain, then deep in the brain are sections that control emotions. The focus changes, but the fact remains the same.

I have only change the order to (hopefully) make the grammar a little clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back