Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is there any difference between "back door" and "rear door?"

Thanks

Is there any difference between "back door" and "rear door?"

Thanks
Not in reality. There might be regional differences in usage.

Thanks, Raymott

I think there is a difference. Consider a car. You will certainly have front doors, where the driver and front seat passenger enter. You could have back doors, where the back seat passengers enter. Then you could have a rear door, where you put your cargo.

Talking about a car I would say front and rear doors. For a house I would say front door and back door.

I think there is a difference. Consider a car. You will certainly have front doors, where the driver and front seat passenger enter. You could have back doors, where the back seat passengers enter. Then you could have a rear door, where you put your cargo.
That's the boot or the trunk, or the hatch.

In most cases, it is a hatchback. But my car literally has a 5th door. I would call it the rear.

2010-suzuki-grand-vitara-2wd-4-door-i4-auto-xsport-rear-exterior-view_100301194_l.jpg

In most cases, it is a hatchback. But my car literally has a 5th door. I would call it the rear.

2010-suzuki-grand-vitara-2wd-4-door-i4-auto-xsport-rear-exterior-view_100301194_l.jpg
I would call it your Japanese door!!! :cool:;-)

Yes, it conveniently opens to the curb -- if you drive on the wrong side of the road. ;-)

Yes, it conveniently opens to the curb -- if you drive on the wrong side of the road. ;-)
If you drive on the wrong side of the road does your rear door automatically become your hood? :lol::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back