I've wrote two sentences, and I am looking for knowing are both true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I have two sentences:

1) By having a good view you open yourself up both to new possibilities and to changes.

2) By having a good view you open yourself up to both new possibilities and change.

Now, the questions is whether these two are true.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I have two sentences:

1) By having a good view you open yourself up both to new possibilities and to changes.

2) By having a good view you open yourself up to both new possibilities and change.

Now, the questions is whether these two are true.

I don't know if they are true, but they are both grammatical. Your title should read "I've written two sentences..."

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wonder if you might mean "outlook" instead of "view" -- or perhaps "view of life"?

Pooya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks for all responses.

I wonder if you might mean "outlook" instead of "view" -- or perhaps "view of life"?
I meant 'point of view' or as you wrote 'outlook'.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have written two sentences:

Now, the question[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] is whether these two are [STRIKE]true[/STRIKE] correct.

Please see above. I agree with bhai that both sentences are grammatically acceptable. Try to work on irregular past tenses and also check the difference between "true" and "correct". I'm not sure what you meant by "having a good view".

Pooya

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Please see above. I agree with bhai that both sentences are grammatically acceptable. Try to work on irregular past tenses and also check the difference between "true" and "correct". I'm not sure what you meant by "having a good view".
Thanks! Yes, I must work so harder on my English language to eliminate my brooding mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.