Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, teachers!
1- The most beautiful intelligent girl in the class is Jane.
2- The most beautiful and intelligent girl in the class is Jane.
Which is the difference between 1&2, please?

In #1, there could be other girls in the class that are more beautiful, but they are girls that are not intelligent.

Hi, teachers!
1- The most beautiful intelligent girl in the class is Jane.
2- The most beautiful and intelligent girl in the class is Jane.
Which is the difference between 1&2, please?

In #1, Jane is the most beautiful of the intelligent girls in the class, perhaps there are girls who are more beautiful but less intelligent.
In #2 Jane is the most beautiful and the most intelligent girl in the class.

:up: Incidentally, I'm glad the OP used 'superlative' correctly. I saw (probably on Teachers' TV) a model lesson given by an award-winning English teacher in which he misidentified them, with a long list of words like great, astonishing, overwhelming, outstanding ... that heroically (and WRONGLY) omitted any word that has the almost unique feature of a superlative - the final letters '-[e]st'. :;-)

b

:up: Incidentally, I'm glad the OP used 'superlative' correctly. I saw (probably on Teachers' TV) a model lesson given by an award-winning English teacher in which he misidentified them, with a long list of words like great, astonishing, overwhelming, outstanding ... that heroically (and WRONGLY) omitted any word that has the almost unique feature of a superlative - the final letters '-[e]st'. :;-)

b
What does OP mean, BobK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back