[Vocabulary] Ways to tell your friend you are looking forward to his visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello everyone,

Actually, I'm writing a letter to a friend, who is going to visit me next few days. I want to inform him how much I miss him and how am I looking forward to seeing him, but I feel as if I have no ideas in my head. I would be grateful to know what native speakers would do on these occasions.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Would you have difficulty writing the letter in your own language? (I'm sure I've asked you a similar question before.)

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Well, in this situation, I guess yes! Because I only can say "I' ve missed you a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon' even in Arabic I don't know what I should say after. Thanks. For your response!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you are going to see him soon, why do you need to write him a long letter? You could just say "I'm really looking forward to your visit. I've missed you. I can't wait to get together with you. We have lots to talk about."

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
It's a part of a long essay.Can I tell him that I have been preparing for this visit for so long and I've arranged many activities to do then. But is this natural " I will let Ahmed sleep with me so that we will have a spare room for you to sleep and unpack your clothes in"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's a part of a long essay.Can I tell him that I have been preparing for this visit for so long and I've arranged many activities to do then. But is this natural " I will let Ahmed sleep with me so that we will have a spare room for you to sleep and unpack your clothes in"

It's part of an essay? So this is homework. I think we have told you several times that we do not help with homework or assignments. The only hint I can give you based on what you have suggested above is that you need to remember that "to sleep with someone" is generally taken to mean "to have sex with someone".

Status
Not open for further replies.