Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
It's me again!
Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly as part of her job requirement for her current role to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style.

I think I know exactly what the sentence above means.

Wouldn't it be more clearer if commas were included before 'as' and after 'role'?

Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly, as part of her job requirement for her current role, to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style.

Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style, (which was) as part of her job requirement for her current role.

Short Hair Job Requirement: Lauren Holly

Yours are clearer but there's nothing wrong with the original.

It's me again!
Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly as part of her job requirement for her current role to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style.

I think I know exactly what the sentence above means.

Wouldn't it be more clearer if commas were included before 'as' and after 'role'?

Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly, as part of her job requirement for her current role, to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style.

Rumor has it that the producers of TV's hot Navy crime drama, NCIS, wanted Lauren Holly to crop her shoulder length lush red strands into a short hair style, (which was) as part of her job requirement for her current role.

Short Hair Job Requirement: Lauren Holly

I agree with your placement of commas before "as" and after "role".

It reads better with the commas to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back