Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi,
I see in some situation the sentence " we have arrived safe" or " we have arrived safely"
I personally still wonder if which sentence is correct.once I got a quiz on a certain webpage.There I got a question where I had been asked to put "safe / safely" on a sentence such as the above-mentioned.There I used " safely" and unfortunately I got it wrong. That means the answer was "safe" But in Cambridge dictionary It is clearly referred to " we all arrived safely". sometime we hear or see " be safe". Here I don't understand whether "safe" is used as an adjective or an adverb. It's ok.what I need is just to make sure if which is correct or suitable to use accurately.

Hi,
I see in some situation the sentence " we have arrived safe" or " we have arrived safely"
I personally still wonder if which sentence is correct.once I got a quiz on a certain webpage.There I got a question where I had been asked to put "safe / safely" on a sentence such as the above-mentioned.There I used " safely" and unfortunately I got it wrong. That means the answer was "safe" But in Cambridge dictionary It is clearly referred to " we all arrived safely". sometime we hear or see " be safe". Here I don't understand whether "safe" is used as an adjective or an adverb. It's ok.what I need is just to make sure if which is correct or suitable to use accurately.

Hello, UM Chakma.:-D

Please see here. (Please put some key words in the "Google Custom Search" box above, and you might find what you need.)

I hope it helps.

Hi,

Merriam-Webster online dictionary says that safe and safely are both adverbs. I think "we arrived safely" sounds perfectly reasonable, just as "we arrived safe" does. (Note that "safe" is also the adjective form, "safely" is not)

(not a teacher, just a language lover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back