Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
I study linguistics and it's new to me. Can anyone please tell me the above-mentioned alphabets?

I study linguistics and it's new to me. Can anyone please tell me the above-mentioned alphabets?
Do you know the difference between letters and sounds? Vowels and consonants?

I have just started to study about linguistics.Yes I admit that I made a mistake. I must have typed as unvoiced/voiceless consonant sounds and voiced consonant sounds. Anyway! why don't you help me if you know the answer(sounds)?

Think of /s/ and /z/, or if you like, /b/ and /p/. They are twins but one is not like the other, because the voice is "on".

I have just started to study about linguistics.Yes I admit that I made a mistake. I must have typed as unvoiced/voiceless consonant sounds and voiced consonant sounds. Anyway! why don't you help me if you know the answer(sounds)?
Your initial question was confusing that's why I asked for clarification. Good to know that it was just a typo. Still, what do you want to know about voiced and voiceless consonants?

You will get the answer to a specific question much more quickly not in the least because it takes less time to type a couple of lines than several paragraphs to cover a broad topic. And don't run away with the idea that you will be provided with straightforward answers - that's what keys are for. Here, beginning a question with 'Why..?' or similar will show you are on track for successful learning, so people will be more wiling to help.

I want to know all voiced and unvoiced consonant sounds. Currently I know fewer of them; "p,f,k,s,h,t" are unvoiced "v,g,n,m,l" are voiced. But I want to know more if there are more sounds more than I referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back