Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
The whole paragraph is as written. Please help me correct the errors. Thanks!

I have enjoyed drawing, reading and writing for many years. Maybe I have a talent for artistic creations. My friends admire my artworks, such as paintings, sketches, and elegant essays. They encourage me to be a painter, an illustrator, or a novelist in the future. However, my parents are afraid that I might not earn enough money to support my livelihood when I grow up. Instead, they hope me to choose another career of the science and engineering. Nevertheless, I’m determined to make/follow my own way. Although I have won many drawing and painting competitions, there is still room for improvement. I’m filled with ambition to become a successful painter, illustrator, and writer. It gives me a sense of achievement and makes me happy when I engage in these activities. I will pursue my goals to realize my dreams.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
However, my parents are afraid that I might not earn enough money to support my livelihood when I grow up. Instead, they hope me to choose another career of the science and engineering.

You have some problems here. Try again?

Artwork should be singular, doesn't usually include essays. You can say "my work."
I'm determined to make my own way. I'm determined to follow my own path.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
However, my parents are worried that I might not earn enough money to support myself when I grow up.
Instead, they hope I choose another career of the science and engineering category.

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
However, my parents are worried that I might not earn enough money to support myself when I grow up. - Good
Instead, they hope I choose another career of the science and engineering category. - they hope I will choose another career in science or engineering.

We tend to talk about our jobs being "in" a field, not "of" a field.
You could also say "in the science or engineering field."

Status
Not open for further replies.