Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
However, I've seen men who lived virile lives as young men waste away as they approached old age! They allowed defeatism to take control of the better part of their lives. They became unwell because they repeatedly chanted the verses of negativism! These denigrating thoughts tend to permeate into our subconscious minds.

If we think that we are unwell, then for certain we become unwell. In fact, it’s known that the more you nurse your sickness, the worse it becomes. A handful of us has been ridden with life threatening diseases and have nonetheless come out triumphant. Heresies, the majority of us succumb to illnesses! Why is this so?

Are there any errors?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, you are doing a better job with punctuation.

However, I've seen men who lived virile lives as young men waste away as they approached old age. They allowed defeatism to take control of the better part of their lives. They became unwell because they repeatedly chanted the verses of negativism. These negative thoughts tend to penetrate our subconscious minds.

I would like to know what came before the "However" sentence.

If we think that we are unwell, then for certain we become unwell. In fact, it’s known that the more you nurse your sickness, the worse it becomes. A handful of us have been afflicted with life threatening diseases and have nonetheless come out triumphant. The majority of us succumb to illness. Why is this so?

The human condition?

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you.I will post it shortly.

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
If we act and think in a certain way, it's almost a certainty we will become that which we think! We are as healthy as we want to be. If you think you are energetic and full of zest, then it will certainly become so. It all lies in cultivating desirable and fruitful thoughts and acting accordingly.

Take my dear old grandfather for example. He lived to the ripe old age of eighty. Despite being stricken with more than his fair share of ailments, he never lost his swaggering gait and zest for life. Every day he was up at 5:00 A.M. and would be about his routine of prayers followed by a brisk walk which continued up until the day he met his maker.

However, I've seen men who lived virile lives as young men waste away as they approached old age. They allowed defeatism to take control of the better part of their lives. They became unwell because they repeatedly chanted the verses of negativism. These negative thoughts tend to penetrate our subconscious minds.

If we think that we are unwell, then for certain we become unwell. In fact, it’s known that the more you nurse your sickness, the worse it becomes. A handful of us have been afflicted with life threatening diseases and have nonetheless come out triumphant. The majority of us succumb to illness. Why is this so?

This is the entire bit
Are there any errors?

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
If we think that we are unwell, then for certain we become unwell. In fact, it’s known that the more you nurse your sickness, the worse it becomes. A handful of us have been afflicted with life threatening diseases and have nonetheless come out triumphant. Yet,the majority of us succumb to illness. Why is this so?

Doesn't this sentence sound better ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think I asked you this before but I can't find the thread - what are you going to do with this piece of writing once it's ready?

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Haven't figure that one out yet. Just work in progress. Why do you ask?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Haven't figure that one out yet. Just a work in progress. Why do you ask?

Much, much better! However, there is, in my opinion, no reason for the exclamation mark. Exclamation marks are for exclamations. Example: "Aha!" Another example: "She's a beauty, yes! Oh yes!" (You can have too much of anything, and sometimes even one of something is too much.)
:)

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you everyone

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
To me, it is illogical and awkward to say that a small minority are afflicted, yet a majority succumb. So a handful get the virus, but nearly everyone dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.