• Thread starter VanTMV
  • Start date
  • Views : 77,380
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VanTMV

Dear,
Previously, one Canadian told me that bullshit is not a bad word, it means nonsense, but i have learning in a english center (called Cleverlearn), one of teacher there, he is form Canada also, said that bullshit is a bad word and it means shit of bull (sorry), i looked up in the oxford dictionary and it said nonsense, so which explaination is right and how to use this word, where can use this word
thank and regards :up:

VanTMV said:
Dear,
Previously, one Canadian told me that bullshit is not a bad word, it means nonsense, but i have learning in a english center (called Cleverlearn), one of teacher there, he is form Canada also, said that bullshit is a bad word and it means shit of bull (sorry), i looked up in the oxford dictionary and it said nonsense, so which explaination is right and how to use this word, where can use this word
thank and regards :up:

Yes - bull shit means just that - manure. It is also used in the abbreviated form - bs. It is not a very polite word to use in public. You may want to substitute "horse feathers" for it. Same meaning but less offensive.

'Bullshit' is slang, but I wouldn't say it was very rude. For some reason, 'shit' is ruder. I'd avoid using it except in relaxed company, though. :)

tdol said:
'Bullshit' is slang, but I wouldn't say it was very rude. For some reason, 'shit' is ruder. I'd avoid using it except in relaxed company, though. :)

I can just picture you saying "bull shit" in a meeting. ;-) ;-) Try "rose fertilizer" instead. ;-) ;-) Product and product/producer should stay within relaxed company. A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses.;-)

In a meeting, people say that I'm talking bullshit. ;-)

twostep said:
I can just picture you saying "bull shit" in a meeting. ;-) ;-) Try "rose fertilizer" instead. ;-) ;-) Product and product/producer should stay within relaxed company. A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses.;-)

Dear twostep,
sorry for my bad English, I could not understand what you said by saying :A rised eye brow and totally out of context "enchanting" works fine. But not on my roses. Kindly explain for me.

By the way after I told my teacher about the use of bullshit (meaning nonsense), he laughed so much then sometimes uses that word with a freaky smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back