Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Source : self practice

Which is the better option for each underline part?
[FONT=&#48148]
CDR is a triplet building composed of/named as A, B, C towers./A, B, and C towers.
A and B tower were built at same time, while C tower was built as an extension 2 years later.[/FONT]

CDR comprises three tower blocks - Tower A, Tower B and Tower C.
Towers A and B were built at the same time, while Tower C was built two years later.

You cannot say Tower C was built as an extension. As an extension to what? If it is an extension to A or B, then there should only be two towers.

Towers A and B were built at the same time, while Tower C was built two years later.

You cannot say Tower C was built as an extension. As an extension to what? If it is an extension to A or B, then there should only be two towers.

1. For Tower C, it should be this.
Towers A and B were built at the same time, while Tower C was built additionally/as an addition to the main buildings two years later.
2. Don't you say "triplet building" or "twin building"? In Korea, we can find "LG twin buildings".

Last edited:
Don't you say "triplet building" or "twin building". In Korea, we can find "LG twin buildings".

Twin building is common but I have not heard of a triplet building (being in the building line).
There is the World Trade Centre Twin Tower in New York of 911 fame and there is the famous Petronas Twin Towers where I come from. There are three towers in the famous Marina Bay Sands in Singapore but they are not called triplets.

TowerC as extension.jpg

As in the picture, I found that Tower C was built as an extension to the main building that originally comprised the basements below and Towers A and B.

An extension to a building is usually done sideways. In this case, the tower is built over the podium as a new building. I would not call that an extension. Tower blocks within a development are usually connected by a podium consisting of a few levels, commonly used for car-parking or commercial/retail purposes.

An extension to a building is usually done sideways. In this case, the tower is built over the podium as a new building. I would not call that an extension. Tower blocks within a development are usually connected by a podium consisting of a few levels, commonly used for car-parking or commercial/retail purposes.

Then what is the alternative expression? Is any of these correct?

Tower C was built as an additional building to the existing facility two years later.
Tower C was built additionally/as an addition to the main buildings two years later

Tower C was built in the second/third phase of the development. It is common for a large building development to be constructed in phases. The later phases are not necessaily called extensions or additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back