A player owing to injuries to certain players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said numerous times on this forum that to understand a sentence you have to look at the whole sentence--not just a part of it. That's especially true when you don't quote the relevant phrase.

owing to injuries - because of injuries

Enough said!

In your first post you wrote "A player owing to injuries to certain players".
However, I can't find that excerpt in the link you subsequently provided.

Can you tell us why you misquoted the text? I am extremely unhappy with your conduct.

[To all other members: please do not post anything until we receive a response from tufguy in answer to my post above]

I have already answered that. I thought it was suffice for you guys to answer the question because I only wanted to know the meaning of "owing to injuries to certain players".

I have already answered that. I thought it was enough for you guys to answer the question, because I only wanted to know the meaning of "owing to injuries to certain players".

Yes, but confusion was caused by the extra words.

Teechar, would you undelete my posts now?
:)

I have already answered that.
No, you haven't. I repeat: why have you misquoted the text?

This is not the first time that you've done that kind of thing.

No, you haven't. I repeat: why have you misquoted the text?

This is not the first time that you've done that kind of thing.

Because I thought you would be able to answer my question with the help of that small sentence rather than a big one.

Because I thought you would be able to answer my question with the help of that small sentence rather than a big one.

Two things, tufguy. One, it wasn't a sentence at all. (It was a phrase--a meaningless one.) Two, there are long sentences and short sentences--not big and small ones.
:roll:

tufguy: your answer is not convincing. I'll put it plainly to you: if you repeat that kind of behaviour, I will ban you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back