Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I know that after some adjectives if a verbs comes immidiately one can use either an infinitive or a verb-ing, for example, "It was great to talk to you/It was great talking too you". Could you please list some of the most common adjectives used this way? I know only "great", "wonderful".

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
No. It's not a question of learning which adjectives can be used this way. Instead, focus on learning the difference in meaning between using the infinitive or -ing phrases.

josephbunny53

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Pakistan
I know that after some adjectives if a verbs comes immidiately one can use either an infinitive or a verb-ing, for example, "It was great to talk to you/It was great talking too you". Could you please list some of the most common adjectives used this way? I know only "great", "wonderful".
Not a teacher (added by moderator)

Besides "great" and "wonderful," some common adjectives used with both infinitives and gerunds are:

1. Enjoyable
  2. Nice
  3. Interesting
  4. Pleasant
  5. Exciting
  6. Difficult
  7. Easy
  8. Frustrating
  9. Annoying
  10. Boring

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, @josephbunny. 😀

Please note that you are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your posts.

(It has been done for you in post #2.)