Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Ben used to visit Peter very often. They talked about all kinds of topics. Ben was a great listener, and Peter was glad that finally he had met someone who understood him and was kind to him. He thought that men like Ben was rare nowadays when people hardly had time for themselves, let alone others. But once Ben borrowed a large amount of him, Peter never heard a word from him. Peter reflected on his credulity, of which he had became the victim many times. What is the use of my two university decrees when I don't pass life tests, he thought. He remembered that when he was a teenager, his mother once said to him, "Son, I'm worry about you. You're so naive. People will often lead you up the garden path."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have I made any mistakes?

Ben used to visit Peter very often. They talked about all kinds of topics. Ben was a great listener, and Peter was glad that finally he had met someone who understood him and was kind to him. He thought that men like Ben were rare nowadays when people hardly had time for themselves, let alone others. But after Ben borrowed a large amount of money from him, Peter never heard a word from him. Peter reflected on his credulity, of which he had became the victim many times. What is the use of my two university decrees when I don't pass life tests, he thought. He remembered that when he was a teenager, his mother once said to him, "Son, I'm worry about you. You're so naive. People will often lead you up the garden path."

That last line leaves me cold. Perhaps:

You have to be careful about who you trust, because people will take advantage of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.