Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Bob and Jane

Everyday, Bob and Jane take the bus to go to office together. Bob likes Jane very much, but he is shy for talking to her about his love. One day, when both is on the bus, Bob give Jane a piece of paper that he wrote as follows “if you love me, let give back me this piece of paper. Otherwise, you throw it out of window”. A moment later, Jane head to him and give him it and says “the window is locked so I can’t throw it out”.

Please give me some feedback.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Bob and Jane

[STRIKE]Everyday[/STRIKE] Every day, Bob and Jane take the bus to [STRIKE]go to[/STRIKE] the office together. Bob likes Jane very much, but he is too shy [STRIKE]for talking[/STRIKE] to talk to her about his [STRIKE]love[/STRIKE] feelings.

One day, when both [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] of them were on the bus, Bob [STRIKE]give[/STRIKE] gave Jane a piece of paper [STRIKE]that he wrote as follows[/STRIKE] on which he had writtenIf you love me, [STRIKE]let[/STRIKE] give me back [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] this piece of paper. [STRIKE]Otherwise[/STRIKE] If not, [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] throw it out of the window”.

A moment later, Jane [STRIKE]head to him and[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]give[/STRIKE] gave it back to him [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]says[/STRIKE] saidThe window is locked so I can’t throw it out”.

Please give me some feedback.

See above. Poor Bob!

(I had no idea what you meant by "Jane head to him" but whatever it was, it didn't seem to add anything useful so I deleted it.)

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my rewrite.

Every day, Bob and Jane take the bus to the office together. Bob likes Jane very much, but he is too shy to talk to her about his feelings.
One day, when both of them (they both) were on the bus, Bob gave Jane a piece of paper which he had written on “ If you love me, give me back this piece of paper. If not, throw it out of the window”.
A moment later, Jane gave it back to him and said “ The window is locked so I can’t throw it out”.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It would be better to say they take the same bus. They are clearly not a couple. Otherwise, just use the one with Ems's corrections.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
It would be better to say they take the same bus. They are clearly not a couple. Otherwise, just use the one with Ems's corrections.
Maybe I should write as follows:
Bob and Jane often take the same bus to the office together.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No. Say:

Bob and Jane often take the same bus to the office.

The word "together" suggests that they are a couple. (Jane disagrees.)

Status
Not open for further replies.