Member Type
Other
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hi. The problem is there is no contexte in the "table of probable mental patterns that create illnesses" by Louise Hay (You Can Heal Your Life). What does mean "burning to bitch"? Thank you. The row of the table is:
PROBLEM PROBABLE CAUSE
Herpes Simplex Burning to bitch. Bitter words left unspoken.

Q: What does "burning to bitch" mean?
A: There is simply not enough context given to help me figure it out.

Ditto.

Most people don't like to talk about herpes, which burns and itches. So it might be a play on words: the writer is angry about having herpes but feels unable to talk about it.

The author claims that all physical illnesses and diseases are actually caused by fear, negative thoughts, negative energy, etc. For example, cancer is caused by longing and baldness is caused by fear, according to the author.

So her explanation for the root cause of herpes (instead of it being a viral infection) is that it's really caused by a deep seated need to "bitch" (i.e. complain), or leaving bitter words unspoken. Her "cure" for herpes is 'think and speak only words of love, and be at peace with life'

With some simple google searching, you can download a PDF of her book and read her drivel. I wouldn't invest too much time in reading it.

I'm pretty sure my bad breath isn't the result of "rotten attitudes, vile gossip, and foul thinking". While I'm no doctor nor dentist, I'm still very sure I can more effectively cure my bad breath by brushing and flossing than thinking happy thoughts. :roll:

Mind you I'm not saying a positive attitude isn't healthier than a negative one, and I do believe negativity could certainly cause some things such as stress and hypertension, even ulcers, but I just don't buy into it as the cure for baldness, gallstones, ingrown toenails or many of the other countless ailments she suggests.

It's a lot of crackpot hogwash, sprinkled with a few dashes of plausibility, if you ask me.

It's a lot of crackpot hogwash, sprinkled with a few dashes of plausibility, if you ask me.
One "like" is not enough for that sentiment. OP, following the kind of advice you're finding in that book can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back