Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Before asking my question, I want to make it clear that I'm not posting this to cause a dispute but just wonder what does the sentence below means.

The sentence I'm asking is

"Byessentially taking the ballot verification cops off the beat, the practical result would be todramatically INCREASE the number of illegal ballots that would be counted in the battlegroundstates."

Especially I can't interpret the first part of the sentence. "By essentially taking the ballot verification cops off the beat".

I don't think the word 'cops' means police officers here. Maybe the people who are eligible to verify the ballot I guess? Is that correct?

Then What those 'taking' them 'off the beat' means? I can't find any clue on the web.

If anyone who wants to the need to know the context, I read this sentence in the second paragraph of the sixth page of the report below.
The Art of the Steal 1.5.21 FINAL.pdf (wsimg.com)

Waiting for your help and Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: Byessentially taking the ballot verification cops off the beat

Welcome to the forum, absd.

You will notice that I have underlined three pairs of words which have been run together by the copy and past process. Please use Edit Post to add spaces where necessary, remove my underlining, and click Save.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
By removing the people who are supposed to control the integrity of the election, you basically allow the number of illegal ballots to increase. If the police are on the beat, they are patrolling, trying to prevent crime. If you take them off the beat, crime will go up. That is the analogy for the allegations about the people meant to be overseeing the election. (Not a comment on the integrity of the election)

Status
Not open for further replies.