Can someone check this incident report and correct it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernasanj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There was a fight took place between the supervisor and his worker. Please see below the incident report and correct if any mistakes please.

In Accommodation: On Wednesday At 5:30 AM

While Mr. X (supervisor) was taking his clothes and going to the bathroom to take a shower, he saw Mr. Y (worker) still in accommodation and he did not go for work yet. Mr. X Asked Mr. Y why he did not go to work till now. Mr. Y shouted at him with a very loud voice. While Mr. X was completing his way to the bathroom, Mr. Y suddenly pulled out Mr. X’s phone and clothes from his hand and threw them on the ground.

Outside Accommodation front door: On Wednesday At 5:45 AM

While X was going to work, he found Y sitting in his car. As X he took out his phone from his pocket to take a photo of the incident, Y came fast to X and tried to strangle him causing cuts to the neck and left arm until three witnesses tried to stop Y from assaulting X.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There was A fight took place between the supervisor and his worker an employee. Please see below the incident report below and correct if any mistakes. please. There's no need to use "please" twice in one sentence.

In accommodation: On Wednesday [date/month/year], At 5:30am AM

While Mr. X (supervisor) was taking his clothes and going to the bathroom to take a shower, he saw that Mr. Y (worker) was still in his accommodation and he did not go for and had not gone to work yet.

Mr. X asked Mr. Y why he did not go had not gone to work. till now.

Mr. Y shouted at him. with a very loud voice. "Shouted" incorporates the idea of a loud voice so it's tautologous to use both. Also, this is an awkward standalone sentence so I wouldn't use it at all.

While When Mr. X was completing his way carried on walking to the bathroom, Mr. Y suddenly pulled out Mr. X’s phone and clothes from his hands and threw them on the ground.

Outside accommodation front door: On Wednesday [date/month/year] At 5:45am AM

While
When Mr X was going left the accommodation to go to work, he found Mr Y sitting in his car.

As Mr X he took out his phone from out of his pocket to take a photo of the incident (what incident?), Mr Y came fast to attacked Mr X.

and He tried to strangle him, causing cuts to the injuring his neck and left arm.

until At [time], three witnesses bystanders tried to stop Y from assaulting X the assault.

Please note my corrections above. I have put each sentence on its own line simply so that the corrections and comments are easier for you to read.
I don't understand what incident Mr X was trying to photograph. The initial incident (the shouting) had taken place inside the accommodation at 5.30am and the second incident (the attack) hadn't happened yet.
You can't cut someone's neck and arm by trying to strangle them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I might say:

There was a fight between X and Y.

Is an accommodation a dwelling?

Do the supervisor and the employee live and work at the same place?

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I have occasionally run across the construction "there was (... some thing ...) took place", but my feeling is it's non-standard. I'm not sure if it's Irish or some variety of American usage, or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.