English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi:

This expression is contained in an agreement of distributorship. I'm quite puzzled by the preposition 'from': who's going to be charged additionally? The Partner , i.e. the distributor, or the supplier? For the sake of clarity, here's some context:

The Products sold by XXX are packed for shipment in accordance with XXX's standard commercial export practice for such Products and is subject to the approval of insurance experts. Costs related to any special packing will be charged additionally from the PARTNER. (i.e. the distributor).

Thanks for your help.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You (the customer) might find that there is an additional charge from the distributor if your product requires any special packing that wasn't done by the company that sold you the product.

Oh, and welcome back. What have you been up to in the 12 years since you joined and the 11 years since you last posted?

zappy

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Actually, the contract is between a supplire (the manufacturer) and a distributore (the Partner). Who's going ti pay for the special packing?

zappy

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Sorry, t9 corrected my words...supplier....distributor... to

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Actually, the contract is between just one space between words is enough a supplire supplier (the manufacturer) and a distributore distributor (the Partner). Who's going ti to pay for the special packing?
In that case, I'm confused. If the distributor had to pay those costs, it should read "will be charged additionally TO the partner". It doesn't make sense if the supplier has to pay - they'd be charging themselves!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry, t9 corrected my words...supplier....distributor... to
I saw this after I had corrected the words in post 5. I've no idea what t9 is - I assume it's some kind of spellchecker.

zappy

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I agree with you. I am more and more convinced that someone used a wrong preposition.
By the way, t9 is the function in my mobile automatically correcting my spelling.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.