Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

Can you please check the following sentences? I want to know if there is a better way to write each sentence:

The Cellular GA is one model of GA that differs from the Standard GA by considering a structured population.
In this sentence, I want to say that the population in the Cellular GA is structured whereas the population in the standard GA is non-structured.

In this model, individuals are set in a toroidal d-dimensional grid where each individual takes a place per a grid (i.e., cell) and belongs to an overlapped neighbourhood.
Is there a better way to say that each individual takes a place per a grid (not sure if takes a place is a proper verb)?

For example, the linear 5 model considers the individual itself and the individuals in its north, south, east, and west positions as neighbours of the current one, which totals to five individuals.
Is it correct to say "which totals to five individuals"?

Thanks

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The Cellular GA is one model of GA that differs from the Standard GA by considering a structured population.
Try, e.g.
A Cellular GA is one type of GA modelling that differs from standard GAs in that it uses a structured population.

In this model, individuals are set in a toroidal d-dimensional grid where each individual [STRIKE]takes a[/STRIKE] occupies one place per grid (i.e., a cell) and belongs to an overlapped neighbourhood.

I'm not sure what you mean by "overlapped neighbourhood".

For example, the Linear-5 model considers the individual itself and the individuals [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to its north, south, east, and west positions as neighbours, [STRIKE]of the current one,[/STRIKE] which totals to five individuals.
I am guessing with "Linear-5".

Status
Not open for further replies.