Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
I have passion for chocolate. It is my most favourite food. I like it better than anything else in the world, especially milky or those embedded with nuts. I mean, I couldn't live without them. I have to eat at least two or more bars every day, or some days I eat a chocolate, which makes me feel energetic, happy and fresh. If I skip one day, I'll get headache and then I will be feeling more down. It seems that I have addicted to this sweet food for many years. Although it is a high-calorie food, and it might lead to overweighting, I can't resist eating them, and fortunately I haven't gained weight yet. I suppose such diet has developed from my childhood, when our habits start forming and I was crazy about sweet things like chocolates. However, these days I am thinking about trying to cut down on them. You know bad habits are hard to break, and I have to replace this unhealthy food with something healthy.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have passion for chocolate. It is my most favourite food. I like it better than anything else in the world, especially milky or those embedded with nuts.
This could mean that you like chocolate better than you like "milky or those embedded with nuts" - which doesn't make sense. "I like X better than anything, especially Y." - ambiguous.

I mean, I couldn't live without them. I have to eat at least two or more bars every day. Some days I eat a chocolate[STRIKE], which[/STRIKE] and it makes me feel energetic, happy and fresh.
You've already implied that you eat chocolate every day, so an unqualified "Some days I eat a chocolate, which..." is redundant. (The clause is not a defining clause). "Some days I eat chocolate which is extra strong" would be acceptable.

If I skip one day, I'll get a headache and then I will be feeling more down. It seems that I have been addicted to this sweet food for many years. Although it is a high-calorie food, and it might lead to me becoming overweight [and diabetic], I can't resist eating them, and fortunately I haven't gained weight yet. I suppose such a diet has developed from my childhood, when our habits start forming and I was crazy about sweet things like chocolates. However, these days I am thinking about trying to cut down on them. You know bad habits are hard to break, and I have to replace this unhealthy food with something healthy.

R.

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Thanks Raymott for correcting me. I tried to make it sound better.

I have great passion for chocolate, especially milky or those embedded with nuts. You know, it is my most favourite food. I like it better than anything else in the world and I have to say that I couldn't live without them. I have to eat at least two or more bars every day, which makes me feel energetic, happy and fresh. If I skip one day, I'll get a headache and then I will be feeling more down. It seems that I have been addicted to this sweet food for many years. Although it is a high-calorie food, and it might lead to me becoming overweight and diabetic, I can't resist eating them, and fortunately I haven't gained any more weight yet. I suppose such a diet has developed from my childhood, when our habits start forming and I was crazy about sweets like chocolates. However, these days I am thinking about trying to cut down on them. You know bad habits are hard to break, and I have to replace this unhealthy food with something healthy and less harmful.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I have a passion for chocolate. It is my most favourite food. I [STRIKE]like it better than anything else in the world[/STRIKE] especially like milk chocolate [STRIKE]or those embedded with[/STRIKE] and chocolate bars that have nuts. I mean, I couldn't live without it. [STRIKE]them.[/STRIKE] I have to eat at least two or more bars every day, [STRIKE]or some days I eat a chocolate,[/STRIKE] which makes me feel energetic, happy and fresh. If [STRIKE] I skip one[/STRIKE] some day I don't eat chocolate, I get headaches and [STRIKE]then I will be[/STRIKE] start feeling [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] down. It seems that I have been addicted to this sweet food for many years. Although it is a high-calorie food, and it might lead to obesity, [STRIKE]overweighting,[/STRIKE] I can't resist eating it, [STRIKE]them,[/STRIKE] and fortunately, I haven't gained unwanted/extra weight yet. I suppose [STRIKE]such diet has developed from[/STRIKE] this/my habit of eating chocolate started in my childhood, when many of our habits start. [STRIKE]forming and I was crazy about sweet things like chocolates.[/STRIKE] However, these days I am thinking about trying to cut down. [STRIKE]on them.[/STRIKE] You know, bad habits are hard to break, and I have to replace this unhealthy food with something healthy.

newkeenlearner

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Afghanistan
Current Location
United States
Thanks Teechar. I really appreciate your help.

I have a great passion for chocolate. It is my most favourite food. I especially like milk chocolate and chocolate bars that have nuts. I mean, I couldn't live without it. I have to eat at least two or more bars every day, which makes me feel energetic, happy and fresh.

I have a question for you:
Don't you think if the sentence I mean, I couldn't live without it is irrelevant here or not?
Maybe I should remove I mean above.

How about?

I have a great passion for chocolate. I mean, I couldn't live without it because I like it better than anything else in the world. It is my most favourite food. I especially like milk chocolate and chocolate bars that have nuts.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Don't you think [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] the sentence I mean, I couldn't live without it is irrelevant here? [STRIKE]or not?[/STRIKE]
It may be repetitive, but I don't think it's irrelevant.

Maybe I should remove I mean above.
You can if you want.

How about?
I have a great passion for chocolate. I mean, I couldn't live without it, because I like it [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE] more than [STRIKE]anything else[/STRIKE] any other food in the world.
See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.