Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
Hello everyone, I have prepared my CV for an Integrated Ph.D. and would appreciate a professional review.
Thanks.

CAREER OBJECTIVE
As an experienced statistics officer with a strong academic foundation in mathematics and statistics education, my career objective is to pursue a Ph.D. in data science, with a focus on utilizing artificial intelligence and big data management to solve complex problems at a distinguished institution, under the guidance of a renowned expert. I am committed to contributing to the field by developing innovative methodologies for extracting insights from large datasets.

RESEARCH INTEREST
• Data Science
• Artificial Intelligence
• Big data
• Deep Learning
• Machine Learning
• Statistics or Applied Statistics
• Mathematics or Applied Mathematics
• Data Analytics

EDUCATION & TRAINING
1. ONLINE TRAINING/COURSE, [LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR] 2022-DATE
All-in-one Data Science Bundle
Completion (%): 10%
Training Courses: Python, R, SPSS, Minitab, Power BI, MATLAB, Hadoop, Tableau, Azure, Informatica, Time series, DevOps, MapReduce, IOT, AWS, Splunk, SQL, Salesforce, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, etc

2. UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST, GHANA August 2018- March 2021
Bachelor’s degree
Concentration in Mathematics Education
Class Division: (GPA = 2.9/4.0 scale)
Relevant courses: Educational Statistics, Statistical Methods, Research Methods in Mathematics, Assessment in Mathematics Education, and Further Calculus.

3. TAKORADI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, GHANA August 2008- June 2011
Higher National Diploma
Concentration in Mathematics and Statistics
Class Division: (GPA =3.68/5.0 scale)
Relevant courses: Multivariate Data Analysis, Sample Survey, Elements of Mathematics I &II, Probability I, II &III, Statistical Computing I&II, and Demography I&II.

RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
1. XXXXXXXX company Aug. 2013-Present
Statistics Officer
• Oversaw the general statistical data collection, analysis, and interpretation at the district, circuit, and school level within the District of the Ghana Education Service.
• Furnished the District Assembly with enrollment data of selected schools on the National School Feeding Program (NSP), as well as other organizations.
• Used collected and analyzed Annual School Census (ASC) data on enrollment, attendance, school infrastructure, and academic performance of schools within the district for the preparation of the Annual District Education Plan (ADEOP).
• Developed and implemented statistical models to forecast future trends using ADEOP for the district.
• Collaborated with district and regional education officers to identify areas of improvement for the ADEOP template and the Annual School Census questionnaire respectively.
• Prepared reports and presentations on statistical findings for senior management and stakeholders regarding Pupil enrollments, Teacher Information, School Dop-out rates, Gender Parity Index (GPI), Gross and Net Admission, Transition Rates, etc using SPPS and Excel.
• Maintained accurate and up-to-date records of statistical data for all schools within the district.
• Monitored and evaluated the accuracy and reliability of statistical data before, during, and after the Annual School Census exercise.
• Collaborated with other government agencies, Stakeholders, and non-governmental organizations to share education data and insights.

RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
(A) 2020, Project Title: Analyzing the trend in Enrolment and Gender Parity Index in basic schools in the XXX District of the XXXXX region in Ghana.
Bachelor`s (Undergraduate) degree research project, supervised by Dr. XXXXX. I developed in-depth knowledge of literature searching, provided the group with enrolment and gender parity index data for the period, and drew statistical graphs and tables. I also contributed to the writing of the Summary, findings, and conclusion. This research was marked “B” for more than 70% mark. The research was presented at the Mathematics and Science Department of the College of Distance Education, XXXXXXXXXXX.

(B) 2011, Project Title: Evaluating high blood pressure cases in the XXXXX of Ghana; (case study XXXXXXXXXX).
Higher National Diploma (HND) research project under the supervision of Mr. XXXXXXXXXX. Gained experience in primary and secondary data collection. My research report for this project was awarded a “B” more than 70% mark.

EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Field Enumerator- Population and Housing Census (PHP) 2021
Duties
• Conducted face-to-face interviews with households to collect accurate and complete information on demographic and socio-economic characteristics.
• Verified the accuracy of information provided by respondents through careful questioning and cross-checking of data.
• Organized and managed census materials, including questionnaires, maps, and field notes, to ensure timely and efficient data collection.
• Followed up with non-responding households to ensure complete coverage of the census and accurate representation of the population.
• Reported any issues or challenges encountered during data collection to supervisors and recommended appropriate solutions.
• Maintained confidentiality and ensured the security of all census data collected during fieldwork, in accordance with established protocols and procedures.

OTHER KEY SKILLS
1. Presentation Skills. I have presented educational data to government agencies, Stakeholders, and non-governmental organizations using a variety of techniques, including talks, posters, and workshops.
2. Research and Writing: I am skilled in designing and conducting scientific research, as well as writing reports.
3. Statistics and Data Analysis: I am excellent in basic and applied statistics and can analyze data using SPSS, Excel, and other statistical packages to assist students and professionals with data analysis, research, and related activities. Have designed various questionnaires for students, and organizations in various subject areas.
4. Teaching and Classroom Management: I have extensive experience teaching at various educational levels, and have strong class management and control skills.
5. ICT skills: I am proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, and I am skilled in using a wide range of software and apps.
6. Leadership and Organizational skills; I have held various leadership positions and have extensive experience organizing events and programs. I am flexible and able to work towards attaining set targets.
7. Public Speaking; I have strong public speaking and presentation skills, with experience presenting to a wide range of audiences.
8. Human Relations; I am skilled in working with diverse groups and respect the opinions and diversity of others.

PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
1. Graduate membership- Ghana Institute of Professional Planners (GIPP)-2023.
2. Third Party Representative System (TPRS)-2022.
AWARDS
1. Certificate of Participation-T2E Plus English Fidelity of Implementation-October, 2022.
2. Membership Certificate- Third Party Representative System (TPRS)-2022
3. Certificate for Participation & Recognition from Statistics, Research, and Information Management Directorate (SRIMD), Ministry of Education- 2017-2021.
4. Certificate of Appreciation-USAID Partnership for Education, Learning-2019.

HOBBIES
Playing Video Games, Fishing by hook & line, Swimming,

REFEREES
1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Bachelor’s degree
What is the full name of your bachelor's degree?
Also, your CV is about 4 pages! Isn't that too long?

Sebbi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
What is the full name of your bachelor's degree?
Also, your CV is about 4 pages! Isn't that too long?
1. The full name is Bachelor of Education in Mathematics.
2. Sir, this is why I need your expert view.
Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
2. Sir, this is why I need your expert view.
Don't refer to users here as "Sir". It's overly formal and suggests you assume we're all male. We're not.

Sebbi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
Don't refer to users here as "Sir". It's overly formal and suggests you assume we're all male. We're not.
Thank you for the correction. I am much grateful

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for the correction. I am much very grateful.
Use "much" with uncountable nouns and "many" with countable nouns. Don't use either of them with adjectives.
Remember to end every sentence with an appropriate punctuation mark.
Note that, in future, there is no need to write a new post to thank anyone. Simply add the "Thanks" icon, found by putting your cursor over the "Like" button, to any post you find helpful.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
CAREER OBJECTIVE

As An experienced statistics officer with a strong academic foundation in mathematics and statistics education, my career objective is to pursuing a PhD in data science, with a focus on utilizing artificial intelligence and big data management. to solve complex problems at a distinguished institution, under the guidance of a renowned expert. I am committed to contributing to the field by developing innovative methodologies for extracting insights from large datasets.

RESEARCH INTEREST

• Data Science

• Artificial Intelligence

• Big data

• Deep Learning

• Machine Learning

• Statistics or Applied Mathematics Statistics

• Mathematics or Applied Mathematics

• Data Analytics

EDUCATION & TRAINING

1. ONLINE TRAINING/COURSE, [INSERT LINK] 2022-DATE

All-in-one Data Science Bundle

Completion (%): 10%

Training Courses: Python, R, SPSS, Minitab, Power BI, MATLAB, Hadoop, Tableau, Azure, Informatica, Time series, DevOps, MapReduce, IOT, AWS, Splunk, SQL, Salesforce, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning. , etc

Bachelor of Education in Mathematics degree

Concentration in Mathematics Education

Class Division: (GPA = 2.9/4.0 scale)

Relevant courses: Educational Statistics, Statistical Methods, Research Methods in Mathematics, Assessment in Mathematics Education, and Further Calculus.

3. TAKORADI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, GHANA August 2008- June 2011

Higher National Diploma

Concentration in Mathematics and Statistics

Class Division: (GPA =3.68/5.0 scale)

Relevant courses: Multivariate Data Analysis, Sample Survey, Elements of Mathematics I &II, Probability I, II &III, Statistical Computing I&II, and Demography I&II.

RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE

1. XXXXXXXX company Aug. 2013-Present

Statistics Officer

Oversaw Oversee the general statistical data collection, analysis, and interpretation at the district, circuit, and school levels within the District of for the Ghana Education Service.

• Furnish ed the District Assembly with enrollment data of selected schools on the National School Feeding Program (NSP). , as well as other organizations.

• Used collected and analyzed Annual School Census (ASC) data on enrollment, attendance, school infrastructure, school drop-out rates, gender parity index (GPI), gross and net admission, transition rates, and academic performance of schools within the district for the preparation of the Annual District Education Plan (ADEOP).

• Develop ed and implement ed statistical models to forecast future trends using ADEOP for the district.

• Collaborate d with district and regional education officers to identify areas of improvement for the ADEOP template and the Annual School Census questionnaire respectively.

Prepared reports and presentations on statistical findings for senior management and stakeholders regarding Pupil enrollments, Teacher Information, School Dop-out rates, Gender Parity Index (GPI), Gross and Net Admission, Transition Rates, etc using SPPS and Excel.

• Maintained accurate and up-to-date records of statistical data for all schools within the district.

• Monitored and evaluated the accuracy and reliability of statistical data before, during, and after the Annual School Census exercise.

• Collaborated with other government agencies, Stakeholders, and non-governmental organizations to share education data and insights.

RESEARCH EXPERIENCE

(A) 2020, Bachelor’s Degree Project Title: Analyzing the Trends in Enrolment and Gender Parity Index in Basic Schools in the XXX District of the XXXXX Region in Ghana.

Bachelor`s (Undergraduate) degree research project, supervised by Dr. XXXXX. I developed in-depth knowledge of literature searching, provided the group with enrolment and gender parity index data for the period, and drew statistical graphs and tables. I also contributed to the writing of the Summary, findings, and conclusion. This research was marked “B” for more than 70% mark. The research was presented at the Mathematics and Science Department of the College of Distance Education, XXXXXXXXXXX.

(B) 2011, HND Project Title: Evaluating high blood pressure cases in the XXXXX of Ghana; (case study XXXXXXXXXX).

Higher National Diploma (HND) research project under the supervision of Mr. XXXXXXXXXX. Gained experience in primary and secondary data collection. My research report for this project was awarded a “B” more than 70% mark.

EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Field Enumerator- Population and Housing Census (PHP) 2021

Duties

• Conducted face-to-face interviews with households to collect accurate and complete information on demographic and socio-economic characteristics.

• Verified the accuracy of information provided by respondents through careful questioning and cross-checking of data.

• Organized and managed census materials, including questionnaires, maps, and field notes, to ensure timely and efficient data collection.

• Followed up with non-responding households to ensure complete coverage of the census and accurate representation of the population.

• Reported any issues or challenges encountered during data collection to supervisors and recommended appropriate solutions.

• Maintained confidentiality and ensured the security of all census data collected during fieldwork, in accordance with established protocols and procedures.

OTHER KEY SKILLS

1. Presentation Skills. I have presented educational data to government agencies, stakeholders, and non-governmental organizations. using a variety of techniques, including talks, posters, and workshops.

2. Research and Writing: I am skilled in designing and conducting scientific research, as well as writing reports.

3. Statistics and Data Analysis: I am excellent in basic and applied statistics and can analyze data using SPSS, Excel, and other statistical packages to assist students and professionals with data analysis, research, and related activities. Have designed various questionnaires for students, and organizations in various subject areas.

3. Teaching and Classroom Management: I have extensive experience teaching at various educational levels, and have strong class management and control skills.

5. ICT skills: I am proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, and I am skilled in using a wide range of software and apps.

6. Leadership and Organizational skills; I have held various leadership positions and have extensive experience organizing events and programs. I am flexible and able to work towards attaining set targets.

4. Public Speaking I have strong public speaking and presentation skills, with experience presenting to a wide range of audiences.

8. Human Relations; I am skilled in working with diverse groups and respect the opinions and diversity of others.

PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP

1. Graduate membership- Ghana Institute of Professional Planners (GIPP)-2023.

2. Third Party Representative System (TPRS)-2022.

AWARDS

1. Certificate of Participation-T2E Plus English Fidelity of Implementation-October, 2022.

2. Membership Certificate- Third Party Representative System (TPRS)-2022

3. Certificate for Participation & Recognition from Statistics, Research, and Information Management Directorate (SRIMD), Ministry of Education- 2017-2021.

4. Certificate of Appreciation-USAID Partnership for Education, Learning-2019.

HOBBIES

Playing Video Games, Fishing by hook & line, Swimming,

REFEREES

1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.