[Essay] Description of a graph ( IELTS Academic Writing )

Status
Not open for further replies.

childrenofparadise

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hello! :-D
Can someone help me to correct this writing essay? It would be so graceful. It is a task from the IELTS, which I'm preparing by myself.
Thanks in advance for your answer. :up:

The table compares the rates of females studying mathematics between three fields (university undergraduate, postgraduate, and in mathematical areas post university) and six different countries. Overall, it is evident from the graph that more women in Turkey study mathematics than anywhere else.
At first sight it is clear that the percentage of women studying mathematics is dramatically low in both countries. It never overcomes the third of the whole math students. Moreover it sharply decreases with an increase in age: barely 1% of women go on to work in mathematical areas in Italy.
Interestingly though, there are some clear differences between countries. While Italy reaches a record low –France is not high either-, other countries such as the US or Japan show less gender inequalities in this field. But the proportion of females studying math noticeably reaches the highest peak in Turkey, at every level: on average, it tends to 30%.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can you upload a picture of the table/graph?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
or perhaps,
I would be so grateful.