Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

According to the weather report, tomorrow's humidity will reach 100%! Over the past few days, the floor and mirrors have been wet all the time! Every year in Hong Kong, there are some periods that humidity are so high that some walls will drop water. When I was in secondary school and saw that kind of the walls, I thought why would anyone clean the concrete walls? After many years, I realised that the water is caused by humidity.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
According to the weather report, tomorrow's humidity will reach 100%! Over the past few days, the floor and mirrors have been wet all the time! Every year in Hong Kong, there are some periods that when the humidity are is so high that some walls will drop water runs/pours down the walls. When I was in secondary school and saw that kind of the those wet walls, I thought "Why would anyone clean the concrete walls?" After many years, I realised that the water is caused by humidity.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The water droplets forming on the walls due to high humidity and condensation on cool surfaces are called condensate.