Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I just read an article about helping paralysed patients walk with placing implants into their body. The implants are used to deliver signals to different parts of body. I'm wondering if there is similar technology to help blind and deaf people. For example, giving signals to the brain to portray what is in front of the people. I'm not sure how eyes and ears function, but I hope scientists will develop the technology as soon as they could.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I just read an article about helping paralysed patients walk BY placing implants into their BODIES. The implants are used to deliver signals to different parts of THE body. I'm wondering if there is A similar technology to help blind and deaf people. For example, giving signals to the brain to portray what is in front of the people. I'm not sure how eyes and ears function, but I hope scientists will develop the technology as soon as they CAN.
Something that enables blind people to see or deaf people to hear --that would be amazing.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I just read an article about helping paralysed patients walk with by placing implants into their body. The implants are used to deliver signals to different parts of body. I'm wondering if there is similar technology to help blind (to) see and deaf people (to) hear - for example, by giving/sending signals to the brain to portray an image or deliver a sound. what is in front of the people. I'm not sure how eyes and ears function, but I hope scientists will develop the such technology in the not-too-distant future. as soon as they could.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are you sure that's what you meant, @Tarheel?
I used talk to text, which makes frequent mistakes. I didn't catch them all. Fixed! (Breakfast was waiting for me. 😊)