Diary - My father was admitted to the hospital a few days ago.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My father was admitted to the hospital a few days ago. When he came home last night, he told us that staying there was hell. In the hospital, he had phlegm and had difficulty for breathing so he asked medical staff members to see if he could get some medicine. They said no! I didn't understand why that could happened! He also said the ward was very hot so he couldn't sleep all night! The problem was that while he was staying in the hospital for two days, he didn't got any medicine for reliving the phlegm problem!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My father was admitted to the hospital a few days ago. When he came home last night, he told us that staying there it was hell. In the hospital, he had phlegm and had difficulty for breathing due to excess phlegm so he asked the medical staff members to see if he could get for some medicine. They said no! I didn't don't understand why how that could have happened! He also said the ward was very hot so he couldn't sleep all night! The problem was that while he was staying in the hospital for two days, During his two-day hospital stay, he didn't got get any medicine for reliving to relieve the phlegm problem!
See above. I'm not sure you need quite so many exclamation marks.
Note that BrE speakers would say "... was admitted to hospital" (no article).
Study the difference between "relieve" and "relive".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"They said no!"

That is, in my opinion, the type of sentence an exclamation mark is for.

It's not good to have difficulty breathing. That's got to be scary. Is he doing better now?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
"They said no!"

That is, in my opinion, the type of sentence an exclamation mark is for.

It's not good to have difficulty breathing. That's got to be scary. Is he doing better now?
He’s better now.