Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My parents like applying herb oil on their skin, and most of it contains mint-like smell. It's fine that they use it in the daytime, but I don't like they do so at the night because that smell keeps me awake and I can't sleep. Especially at night, when air conditioning is on and all the windows are closed, the smell is lingering in the rooms until the next day. Sometimes I even have a spicy feeling of my eyes.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
My parents like applying (some kind of) herbal oil on their skin, and most of it usually has contains a mint-like smell. It's fine that they use it in the daytime, but I don't like it when they do so at the night because that smell keeps me awake and I can't sleep. Especially at night, when the air conditioning is on and all the windows are closed. The smell is lingering in the rooms lingers until the next day.
See above.
Sometimes I even have a spicy feeling of my eyes.
I have no idea what that means. We detect spices with our senses of taste and smell, not with our eyes.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
See above.

I have no idea what that means. We detect spices with our senses of taste and smell, not with our eyes.
Imagine some mint oil around the skin of your eyes and it irritates your eyes but the oil is not directly on your eyes.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My parents like applying herb oil on their skin, and most of it contains have a mint-like smell. It's fine that they use it in the daytime, but I don't like they do so the smell at the night because that smell it keeps me awake and I can't sleep. Especially at night, when the air conditioning is on and all the windows are closed, the smell is lingering lingers in the rooms until the next day. Sometimes I even have a spicy feeling of on my eyes.
"Spicy" is an adjective of taste, not smell. What is a "spicy feeling"? You say "your eyes smart" when they are exposed to chemicals.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Say something like "Sometimes even my eyes get irritated from that oil".