Do not let this long-standing issue fall into the oblivion of unimportance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I just saw this sentence in a book and I was wondering if I could use it in essays.
” Do not let this long-standing issue fall into the oblivion of unimportance”

Re: Is this sentence correct?

I just saw this sentence in a book and I was wondering if I could use it in essays.

”Do not let this long-standing issue fall into the oblivion of unimportance.

You must provide the source of that sentence (tell us the name of the book and the author). After that, we'll give you advice on plagiarism.

Re: Is this sentence correct?

It wasn’t that exact sentence. I just wanted to know if it was gramatically correct. I’m not plagiarizing anyone.

It wasn’t that exact sentence. I just wanted to know if it was grammatically correct. I’m not plagiarizing anyone.

If it wasn't that exact sentence, why did you open with "I just saw this sentence in a book ..."?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I do not remember the exact words. I just know it somewhere used the term “long-standing issue” and, in other part, “into the oblivion of unimportance”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that I have changed your thread title.

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

”Do not let this long-standing issue fall into the oblivion of unimportance”

I would like to know what you think that means. (I'm not sure.)

Is there really more than one kind of oblivion? There may be many causes, but there is only one oblivion in my view.

I think it means this problem has existed for a long time and the writer doesn’t want it to be neglected or fogotten.

Oblivion has nothing to do with importance. It is simply something that is forgotten. One doesn't choose to forget things, whether they are important or not.

I was wondering if the writer meant the issue is considered a trivial matter. In consequence, it is neglected. In any case, don’t worry about this anymore.

As you have failed to provide the requested source and author, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back