Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
To an insurance representative: Do you see another claim "by a different" doctor or "from a different" doctor?

Do we need to say "by" or "from" here?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Explain what you mean. Are doctors making the claims?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is the doctor backing a claim by making a diagnosis of illness or injury? If so, I'd ask whether there has been a second medical opinion.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
By who, to who, and for what?
By employees that work for a doctor whose claims have to be followed up on to insurance representatives.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is the doctor backing a claim by making a diagnosis of illness or injury? If so, I'd ask whether there has been a second medical opinion.
Did you ask whether he is helping(does backing mean helping here)? If so ofcourse he is.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you ask Are you asking whether he is helping space here (does "backing" mean "helping" here)? If so, of space here course he is.

"Backing" here means "supporting". If someone makes a claim, particularly for a medical cost, the insurance might require a doctor to "back" (or "back up") that claim in some way. I'm not entirely convinced that that's what the original sentence (even a grammatical version) would mean. I would take it to mean "Have you seen any evidence of another claim (from the same patient) from a different doctor"?

Can you explain the situation in which you want to use the sentence you attempted in post #1?

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Backing" here means "supporting". If someone makes a claim, particularly for a medical cost, the insurance might require a doctor to "back" (or "back up") that claim in some way. I'm not entirely convinced that that's what the original sentence (even a grammatical version) would mean. I would take it to mean "Have you seen any evidence of another claim (from the same patient) from a different doctor"?

Can you explain the situation in which you want to use the sentence you attempted in post #1?
At my office. If there are two claims by two different doctors then insurance usually pays only one.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How do they make multiple claims for the same thing?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If they're trying to defraud the system by putting in two claims for one thing, I'm surprised the insurance companies even pay out for one of them. Both claims should be denied and their insurance policies should be cancelled. That's usually the result of fraud.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
If they're trying to defraud the system by putting in two claims for one thing, I'm surprised the insurance companies even pay out for one of them. Both claims should be denied and their insurance policies should be cancelled. That's usually the result of fraud.
Please answer my question.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Your question doesn't make much sense to us- how can there be two claims? If so, in this country, they would try to establish which claim was legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.