Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have"

Status
Not open for further replies.

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGjs_bBMBA&t=120s]? I'm struggling to hear "to" but it seems to me that it;'s dropped. Moreover it appears that he drops "h" in "have" so that he say "ave". Is it a case here?

Ostap

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have"
He doesn't. He says "to just", then pauses, then says "have". It's a split infinitive.

It's a particle not a preposition.

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Sorry for asking this question again. I do not hear "to" even at a very very slow speed. Can ommision of "to" infinitive be the case here? (like in this online article)? Thank you again for paying attention to that question.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Are you sure you got the time stamp right? Can you write down the sentence in question please?

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Are you sure you got the time stamp right? Can you write down the sentence in question please?
It is the end of 0:20 and the beginning of 0:25. The sentence is (as I hear it)" ...you want us just have an argument... ".

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
It is the end of 0:20 and the beginning of 0:25. The sentence is (as I hear it)" ...you want us just have an argument... ".
Do you hear as the native speaker in the other way? Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.